Last week, the Chicago Tribune cut newsroom staff for the fifth time in nine months. Among the 53 people were several copy editors, who were particularly vulnerable in this round as the Tribune "restructured" its editing and design desks into one universal "production" team of copy editors, photo editors and page designers, who are supposed to be jacks of all trades.
Considering the following three facts - the Tribune says that it will focus more on local news going forward, the copy editors it just cut were all on the local news desk, and more than 200 newsroom employees have been laid off since Mary Kate was hired - I've concluded that she is wanted there.
And for that, not to mention the stress in these difficult times, she deserves some love. So let's give it to her.
Thank you!
Nathan
"Truly gifted...keep up the great work Mary Kate!" - Uncle Dan
"Hey, MK, We are so proud of you and your career mamagement. This is a tough business in a tough time. But the newspaper Binghams stuck to their guns in tough times in the depression era and I guess it just got in our blood. I'm sure that newspaper blood and work ethic is what the Tribune sees in my daughter. I see it too." - Grandaddy
"Oh my darling daughter, you know how proud I am of you...!! Your determination to succeed continues to amaze me... from your 'face up - face the world' birth to your determination to cheerlead for what you believe in... on to the perseverance and independence you commanded in securing an international duty right out of high school and then a home state advantage in journalism... now the bigtime has found you and I too believe, like all those times before, that they know how lucky they are to have you... Granny too would remind you... 'nothing harder than you and He can bear together...'" - Grandy
"'Your the best.....around!' Keep it up MK!" - Uncle Colin
"I know the fear you must be feeling, but just continue to be the dedicated, hard worker that they hired!! Obviously they know a good thing when they have it! You make us all proud, but especially ME!! You prove that us working moms CAN do it ALL!!!" - Aunt Rachel
"Dearest Mary Kate, we are all so proud of you and know that you persevere with grace through difficult times. This economic time is one of particular trial for you, and I know the responsibilities you share with Nathan make your worries greater. Know that all our love and support are with you, and prayers, too. Your blessings are many and I pray that your trials will be few, especially now. As you have shown in the past, your talent has brought you far, and will continue to serve you. Chin up!!" - Gram
"We're very proud of you...keep up the good work! Our love and prayers are with you, Nathan, Levynn, and Lincoln ALWAYS!"
- Uncle Byron, Aunt Christina and Cousin Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment