In case you haven't figured this out yet, Levynn loves the "Little House on the Prairie" books. And in case you didn't know, the author, Laura Ingalls Wilder, is the central figure in the autobiographical series.
That's just a little background on what Levynn said today.
"I want to be called Laura," she declared during lunch.
Dad told her that he and Mom had made her name, just for her, and that she is the only person in the whole wide world with that name (as far as we know).
"I want to be called Laura."
Dad asked her if she knew how we made that name. Dad explained that there was a man in Grandy's family a long time ago - around Laura's time! - who lived in Louisville - where she was born! - and was a baseball player - like the Cubs! Dad related to her that when she was born, and he and Mom announced her name to the room, Grandy cried. Grandy was so happy.
"But I want to be called Laura."
maybe someday You will be a great writer too, just like Laura, and we will always be so proud of our Levynn
ReplyDeleteLOL... that is too funny... "I want to be Laura..." she says...
ReplyDeleteyou tell Ms. Levynn that her Grandy wanted to change her name too when she was little but is SO glad now that she chose not to... ;)