Earlier this week, Levynn posed that urgent question after she noticed two punctuation marks in her bedroom, one in a book and one in a poster. Mom explained that when it's round - as in on the "Got Milk?" poster - it means, "I have a question," and when it's straight, it means, "I'm excited." She was very interested to learn these new characters. She's been practicing saying "question mark" and "exclamation point" for days now.
It was just the beginning of a week full of figuring stuff out.
During dinner one evening, Levynn started looking in the general direction of Dad's head with a curious expression on her face. When Dad realized this, he was a little creeped out, to be honest, because she wasn't making eye contact with him. She seemed to be looking at ... something, as if there was a spider sitting on the side of his head.
"What are you looking at, Lev?" Dad asked, bewildered.
"To and I'll show you," it sounded like she said.
"What?"
"To and I'll show you."
"What? To?"
"TO and I'll show you."
Dad looked at Mom, still bewildered, seeking help, as he chewed his food.
"That right there! What's that, by your hair?" Lev asked.
Oh! CHEW and I'll show you, she was saying. She'd noticed the movement of Dad's temple, when his jaw moved up and down. A very interesting discovery for her.
Levynn also was very concerned about Mom's "boo boos" after several moles were removed on Tuesday. She pulled out her doctor's kit and listened to Mom's heart with her stethoscope. And when it came time to take off the Band-Aids, Lev offered Pink Bear for comfort and patted on Mom's hand.
And somwhere along the way she's started using the word "dawn," like when the sun dawns. Except she uses it to mean when it's getting dark, at night time. So tonight we talked about that and also the difference in wrists and ankles. These things can be very confusing, you know.
As Grandy would say, these all are examples of why "3 year olds are God's greatest gift."
all the wonders of God's world can be so confusing to a 3 year old... but can be made so understandable with the help of an attentive, caring grownup...
ReplyDeletewhat a joy to be allowed that privilege with an inquisitive child...!!